Friday, September 2nd, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A four-year smoking ban at businesses and workplaces has had a positive impact on the health of Ohioans, according to studies by the Ohio Department of Health. Additionally, the studies showed no significant changes in the busi . . .
CELINA - With both Celina and Ottawa-Glandorf playing a solid defensive game, it took an exceptional play to result in the lone goal of the match. Eric Brickman's redirect of Nate Brickner's crossing pass allowed the Titans to . . .
EGYPT - Fifty-five weathered grave markers stand in straight rows at St. Joseph Cemetery in memory of Precious Blood sisters and brothers who served the area more than a century ago. The passage of time and weather have not bee . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• County's businesses adding workers, expanding facilities
• Local need increases despite better unemployment figures
• Area dams have small problems, no serious threat
• Museum extends historical display
• Spousal coverage may be excluded
• 'Walk the Talk' volunteers help needy
• Motion to suppress statements withdrawn
• St. Paul Lutheran Church to celebrate 150 years
• Celina's WBL streak is over
• NetDogs sweep Redskins for 3-0 start in WBL action
• Baltes Classic to feature three-wide start
Edward Meyer, 94, North Star, died Sept. 1, 2011, at Briarwood Village. Funeral Mass is 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at St. Louis Catholic Church, North Star. Arrangements are by Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Minster. . . .
Lee R. Deerhake, 76, New Knoxville, died Aug. 29, 2011, at Stein Hospice Center, Sandusky. He was born March 11, 1935, in New Knoxville, to LeRoy and Laura Vordermark Deerhake. Surviving are brothers, Reuben (Pauline) Deerhak . . .