Saturday, October 1st, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MINSTER - 'Tis the season for embroidered dirndls and lederhosen as residents of this Auglaize County community celebrate their rich German heritage. Talented seamstresses Diana Hausfeld, Sandy Eilerman and Rita Olberding and . . .
VAN WERT - The Celina football team moved out of the Western Buckeye League basement with their first win of the season on Friday night. Braden Billger tossed three touchdowns and Zach Hembree scored twice to lead the Bulldogs . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Gasoline a bit cheaper - for now
• Council OKs skate park site
• Wildcats dominate first half of action
• Flyers efficient in blowing out Redskins
• Cavs shut out Panthers
• Rockets rally after Cardinals' early score
• St. John's wins fourth straight
• Defiance knocks off St. Marys in two OTs
• Mauk rallies Wildcats over Bulldogs
Elmer H. Will, 88, New Bremen, died 5:39 a.m. Sept. 30, 2011, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Jan. 4, 1923, in Carthagena, to Ferd D. and Ida F. (Kaup) Will. On Aug. 29, 1953, he married Lela J. Bauer, who surv . . .
Charles L. Steinke, 81, died Sept. 30, 2011, at Dorothy Love Retirement Community, Sidney. He was born April 1, 1930, in Burkettsville, to Isadore and Bertha (Tumbusch) Steinke. On Oct. 27, 1951, he married Armella Bills, who s . . .
Saturday, March 25
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Saturday, February 4