Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Several city council members have problems with a proposed ordinance that would require contractors working within the city to register and pay a $10 fee. Concerns about infringing on an owner's right to hire whomever . . .
Former Auglaize County Sheriff Larry Longsworth lost his battle with cancer Monday afternoon at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. He was 62. A soft-spoken man with a laid-back demeanor, Longsworth spent more than . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Eastview pond closed
• 4-H camp full of fun
• Administrative assistant sees increase in job duties and pay
• More pool talk, few decisions
• Council OK with Algaeventure extracting algae from water treatment process
• Renovation work to begin on parking lots
• Stray cats creating a problem for residents
• Trio of swimmers do well in Oxford
• Tour to tout positive actions in lake watershed
Beverly J. Ahrens, 78, Celina, died June 11, 2012, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. Arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Joan Grant Riley, 92, of Willshire, died at 8:10 a.m. June 11, 2012, at Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. She was born April 13, 1920, in Van Wert, to Harry and Laura Kiger Grant. On July 27, 1940, she married Eugene Riley, who . . .
Former Auglaize County Sheriff Larry R. Longsworth, 62, of Wapakoneta, died at 12:55 a.m. June 11, 2012, at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus. He was born Feb. 18, 1950, in Mercer County, to Robert and B . . .