Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - School board members are considering the next step after a bond levy for a school construction project failed at the November election. Board members during a meeting Monday agreed they would look into the reasons why . . .
ST. HENRY - Students attending kindergarten next year will spend a full day, every day, in the classroom. Board of education members Monday night approved all-day, everyday kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year. The school . . .
ST. MARYS - The city expects a carryover of $24.3 million in all funds going into 2013. St. Marys city council financial committee learned Monday that appropriations and revenues for 2013 are expected to mirror 2012's. Safety . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• The glow of Christmas continues
• Teacher in court on sex charges
• Celina chief worried about payroll budget
• Sidewalk obstruction policy in final stage
• Athletic boosters donates $800,000 for field upgrades
• Changes may be needed due to legislation
• Unemployment rate in Mercer County lowest in state
• MCESC board approves new hires
• Winner accepts invite to play for Eastern Illinois
Donald A. Smith, 80, St. Marys, died at 6:27 p.m. Nov. 18, 2012, at Lima Memorial Health System. He was born May 11, 1932, in Wayland, Ky., to Virgil and Rena Slone Smith. His mother survives. On Sept. 24, 1952, he married Elsi . . .
Thomas F. Hedrick, 81, Coldwater, died Nov. 18, 2012, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. He was born Aug. 24, 1931, in Celina to Tillman and Emma Pottkotter Hedrick. On Sept. 25, 1954, he married Kathryn Stelzer, who survives. . . .
Helena G. Davis, 84, Rockford, died Nov. 16, 2012, at Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind. She was born June 11, 1928, in Albany, to Howard and Jennie Davis. Surviving are two brothers, Dale Davis and Paul Davis, both of Alban . . .