Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
By Christine Henderson
New Bremen grocery will close this month
NEW BREMEN - Howell's IGA will close by the end of the month, owner Tom Howell confirmed Tuesday.
He would not comment further.
Wally Wagner Jr., owner of of Wagner's IGA, said he is looking into taking over the Howell's location. No contract has been signed, and it is "too early" to state his plans, Wagner said.
Wagner's IGA is a third-generation family grocery with locations in Minster and Fort Loramie.
Howell's IGA is also in the third generation of the family-owned business. The grocery opened in 1953 and moved in 2005 to the Amsterdam Center, 444 S. Washington St. The 40,000-square-foot store includes a state liquor store, complete line of groceries, deli and bakery.
Additional online stories for this date
Print and E-Edition only stories for this date
• Flu wallops area early
• Auglaize officials planning for worst
• School not signing as voting site
• Board seeks funds for future equipment
• New council member sworn in
• Local man makes second attempt to forever preserve his property
• Bulldogs erase deficit in second half
• Panthers fall at home to Bearcats
• Shop sells consigned merchandise