Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - A proposed levy to support programs for the disabled was voluntarily scrapped from the November ballot after the state recently pulled funding for all replacement levies. Without the state's 12.5 percent rollback, loc . . .
CELINA - The third annual Taste of Celina held downtown on July 12 was a resounding success and many vendors shut down early because they ran out of items, according to Celina Mayor Jeff Hazel. Several restaurant and businesses . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Revised dog license could bite finances
• State formula should bolster school funds
• County awards contract to Celina firm for fairgrounds building repair
• City council likely to refuse resolution in support of liquor license transfer
• No evidence of foul play suspected in baby's death
• New Bremen council considers Crown Equipment's requests
• Bettinger's blast pushes Cavaliers past the Knights
• Mariners winning streak snapped by Monarchs
• Larson posts fastest time in practice
• Evers setting up local chapter for Reds HOF
George Dufur, 83, died June 14, 2013, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born in Little Hocking to Edmund and Beatrix Dufur. On June 2, 1967, he married Lois Smelser, who died July 17, 2006. Surviving are a sister, Lois Gri . . .
Aidyn Ray Kitchen, 27 days old, of St. Marys, passed away at 7:34 a.m. July 21, 2013, at the Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater. He was born June 25, 2013, in St. Marys, to Ashley M. Lawson of St. Marys and Dustin R. . . .
Russell Vander Horst, 83, passed away July 23, 2013, in Pittsburgh, Pa. He was born Nov. 19, 1929, in Celina, to Walter and Mary Mersman Vander Horst. He married Barbara Dantz on Aug. 31, 1957, and she survives. Also survivin . . .
Ward D. Horner, 75, St. Marys, died at 8:10 p.m. July 22, 2013, at his residence. He was born April 16, 1938, in Tipton, Ind., to Ward and Mary K. Richardson Horner. Survivors include three sons, Aaron Horner of St. Marys, Al . . .
Darel M. Bogart, 91, Celina, passed away July 23, 2013, at Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons - Hellwarth Funeral Home in Celina. . . .
Alma Martha Ranly, 90, Philothea, passed away July 23, 2013, at Celina Manor. She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in St. Wendelin, to John and Cordula Guggenbiller Post. On Aug. 20, 1947, she married Orville Ranly, who survives. She . . .