Tuesday, September 24th, 2013
By Margie Wuebker
Two local men hurt in 3 vehicle crash
Two Celina men were injured in a three-vehicle accident at 2:06 p.m. Monday at the intersection of U.S. 127 and Coldwater Creek Road, south of Celina.
Nathaniel Paul Ayers, 26, of Celina, was stopped northbound on U.S. 127, waiting to turn left, when his 2008 Chevy was struck from behind by a 2011 Kenworth semitrailer driven by Robert A. Moser Sr., 42, of Bellevue. The car veered across the centerline at impact and struck the side of a southbound 2006 Honda driven by Sadie L. Bruggeman, 18, of St. Henry, and then traveled off the pavement, according to Mercer County Sheriff's Office reports.
Ayers and his passenger, 26-year-old Brian Joseph Hathaway of Celina, were later taken by private vehicle to Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater. The other drivers were not injured.
Moser was cited for an assured clear distance violation.
The disabled semitrailer and the heavily damaged Ayers car were towed from the scene. The Bruggeman vehicle sustained light to moderate damage and was driven from the scene.
A car driven by Sadie L. Bruggeman, 18, of St. Henry, was heavily damaged in an accident at the intersection of U.S. 127 and Coldwater Creek Road and was towed, not driven from the scene.
The error occurred in reporting.
Additional online stories for this date
Print and E-Edition only stories for this date
• Local co-ops consider merger
• Money granted for murder suspect's defense
• Council may change sign decision
• Baby's death ruled due to natural causes
• Debate over Celina's 2-hour parking continues
• Coldwater council OK's mini-backhoe buy
• Bulldogs on top of the WBL standings
• The top local intra-regional matchup will be at Wapak
• Findlay shuts out Celina 5-0