Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - Voters in the New Bremen Local Schools District once again defeated a combined bond issue and maintenance levy for a proposed building project. Residents in Auglaize, Mercer and Shelby counties cast 856 votes, or . . .
Mercer County voters overwhelmingly approved all issues and levies on the ballot Tuesday including continued financing for the council on aging and the district library. Council on aging levy The council on aging's five-year l . . .
CELINA - All schools in Mercer County will have at least one returning board member for the next four-year term to help tackle tough issues such as Common Core. The only incumbent voted out in Tuesday's general election was Lin . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Voters pick three new school board members
• Some Mercer County election races tight
• Two New Bremen council incumbents defeated
• Elections go smoothly in Mercer, Auglaize counties
• Minster life squad needs members
• Rockford council works on 2014 budget
• County obtains $500K loan to fund fueling center
• Local Carter Lumber store closes
• State's top two teams in D-IV face off in state semifinals
• Coaches have adjusted to changes in volleyball
The Rev. Richard LePage, 68, Rockford, died at 1:50 p.m. Nov. 5, 2013, at his home after a brief illness. He was born Jan. 6, 1945, in Warsaw, Ind., to the Rev. Herbert and Donnabelle Thomas LePage. On July 12, 1970, he married . . .
Juanita A. Snider, 93, Celina, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Nov. 3, 2013, at Celina Manor Nursing Home, Celina. She was born Feb. 9, 1920, in Freeburg, Ky. There will be no public services, and she will be cremated. Her cremains . . .