Thursday, November 14th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The state says it fully intends to pay landowners in Mercer County for flood damage due to Grand Lake's West Bank spillway as ordered by the Ohio Supreme Court. But not without a fight over the dollar amount. "We're responsib . . .
ST. MARYS - Members of St. Marys Rotary on Wednesday received a glimpse into the life, work, experiences and patriotism of an Air Force veteran. Col. Arthur F. Huber II, an acting director with the Air Force Research Laboratory . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• St. Marys schools' finances to stay solvent if levy OK'd
• Mercer Health board approves raises
• County gives Dumpsterman March deadline to clean up area
• St. Marys teachers' contract includes no raises
• Celina man pleads not guilty in stabbing
• New book chronicles St. Marys' long history
• Kaup accepts D-I offer from Eastern Kentucky
• Kahlig accepts Findlay's offer
• Koesters signs to play golf for Oilers
• Boughman announces he will attend UNOH
Rosella M. Braun, 90, Celina, died Nov. 13, 2013, at her home. She was born July 16, 1923, in Fremont to Adolph and Catherine Spoltman Roessner. On June 19, 1946, she married Paul J. Braun, who died Dec. 28, 1990. Survivors . . .
Stefan Prescott Lowe, 20, died unexpectedly Nov. 13, 2013, at his home in Elida. He was born in Noblesville, Ind., with a full head of hair on Feb. 2, 1993. He is survived by his mother, Teri (Bruce) Maag, Elida, and his father . . .
Louis J. "Louie" Quinter, 93, Celina, died Nov. 13, 2013, at the Gardens of Celina. He was born March 6, 1920, in Burkettsville to Adam and Matilda Hemmert Quinter. On Dec. 30, 1950, he married Alice Gerdeman, who she survives . . .
Robert C. Wisenborn, 79, Celina, died Nov. 10, 2013, in Mesa, Ariz. He was born April 22, 1934, in Celina to Robert Downing Wisenborn and Vera Karola Wertz. On Feb. 28, 1970, he married Karen Lammers, who survives. Also surv . . .
Mostly sunny, mild
Mostly sunny, mild