Saturday, October 25th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MINSTER - The former director of religious education at two area Catholic churches was sentenced to 360 days in jail, five years of community control sanctions and ordered to repay $209,556 on two theft charges. Judge Frederic . . .
NEW BREMEN - The Parkway football team celebrated after a win to the tune of its alma mater for the first time this season. The Panthers received strong efforts from sophomore quarterback Justin Barna and their defensive unit . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Election board member resigns, seeks return
• Village, townships seek tax issues
• Coldwater police looking into high school incident
• Happy Daz Restaurant plans to open in Celina
• Fort Recovery holds off St. Henry, 31-26
• Late field goal propels Kenton past Celina
• Flyers trounce Tigers
• Titans roll past 'Riders
• Wildcats outlast Rockets for 28-21 win
• Redskins clinch at least share of WBL
Ralph "Lefty" Winner, 90, Osgood, left us on Oct. 24, 2014, while at the Versailles Health Care Center, where he had just been admitted. He was born Sept. 13, 1924, in Yorkshire, to Robert and Kathryn Bergman Winner. On Oct. 19 . . .
Ray "Rebel" A. Jarrells, 83, New Knoxville, died at 4:53 a.m. Oct. 23, 2014, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Jan. 6, 1931, in Nolan, W.Va., to Dee and Iva Sparks Jarrells. On Dec. 22, 1949, . . .
Donald R. Fox, 93, Celina, died at 4:18 p.m. Oct. 24, 2014, at his residence. Funeral services are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .