Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - Pit bulls would no longer be singled out from all other breeds under an ordinance introduced at Monday's city council meeting. Pit bull owners had vehemently objected to previous rules passed in December that specif . . .
CELINA - Residential streets continue to crumble as city officials struggle to find a way to pay for much-needed repairs. West Lisle Street near the Mercer County Fairgrounds is a "a war zone," councilman Bill Sell said at Mond . . .
Mercer County in February for the first time in more than three years does not hold the lowest unemployment rate in Ohio. The county's jobless rate fell from 4.2 percent in January to 3.7 percent in February but was bumped from . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Mother Nature's cruel welcome to spring in Ohio
• Fort council approves annexation
• Celina school board eyes new buses
• DeWine: Ex-Celina mayor won't have to pay back fees
• Celina mayor proclaims city financially sound
• Route 274 to be detoured in New Bremen
• St. Henry council OKs pay for pool employees, fees for pool passes
• Coldwater may require employee's certification to ensure EPA compliance
• Emerging Agriculture Conference set at Lake Campus
• Baltes one of a kind
• Celina's Hoyng named second team All-Ohio
Earl Baltes, 93, of New Weston, Ohio, passed away, Monday, March 23, 2015 at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton. He was born April 27, 1921 in Versailles, Ohio, son of the late Leroy and Ellie (Frantz) Baltes. In addition to his p . . .
Ilene 'Beany' Lange, age 80, of St. Henry, died on Sunday, March 22, 2015 at her home. She was born March 4, 1935 in Frenchtown, to the late Chelcie & Alfreda (Goubeaux) Neargarder. On November 20, 1954, in Frenchtown, she marr . . .
James C. Wissman, 86, St. Petersburg, Fla., and formerly of New Bremen, died on March 7, 2015, at Woodside Hospice Center, Pinellas Park, Fla. Services are 10:30 a.m. Saturday at The Church of the Holy Redeemer, New Bremen, the . . .