Today 47° Today 47° 34° 34° Tomorrow 59° Tomorrow 59° 40° 40°
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
Chimney fire
Photo by Mark Pummell/The Daily Standard

Firefighters put out a chimney fire on state Route 707 near Chattanooga on Tuesday morning. Chattanooga Fire Chief Kevin Hague said this morning that the fire started because the chimney had not been cleaned recently. The blaze was quickly extinguished, and no one was hurt. His department received mutual aid from Rockford Fire Department, he said.

Additional pictures on this date