Thursday, July 6th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A Celina woman has pleaded guilty to torturing her 4-year-old son by shooting him repeatedly on numerous occasions with a spring-air pellet gun. Martha Groenewoud Smith, 22, formerly of 1211/2 E. Wayne St., offered a plea of gu . . .
A 32-year-old Marion man who allegedly robbed a St. Marys bank at gunpoint in May is being held on a $1 million bond following his initial appearance in court in Wapakoneta on Wednesday. Travis Smith pleaded not guilty to nine . . .
COLDWATER - The Coldwater Cavaliers will join St. Henry A at the ACME district tournament on Sunday after eliminating Parkway 3-2 in the nightcap of Wednesday's elimination contests at the Mercer County sectional at Veterans Fiel . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Fort Recovery farm is reported as overrun with rats
• Proposed maintenance code passes first reading
• Fort Recovery native says yes to position
• Administrators and council disagree on need for new cruisers
• Council sets price for land parcel
• Young movie fans may face curfew charge
• Chair-ity Auction scheduled for Saturday
• Seasoned bowler to start 51st year
• Grand Lake trio combines to two-hit Xenia in 8-0 shutout
Robert M. Gariety, 88, of Miller Road, Russia, died at 6:12 p.m. July 4, 2006, at Covington Care Center. He was born Nov. 11, 1917, in Houston, to Julius R. and Theresa M. Monnin Gariety. On Oct. 9, 1940, he married Mary C. "Ma . . .