Thursday, July 27th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
It's July and festival season is in full swing. But so are the dog days of summer when the glaring sun and high humidity can cause health problems if precautions aren't taken. Temperatures this weekend are expected to stay in t . . .
Clutch hitting helped Grand Lake extend its winning streak to four games after a doubleheader sweep over Xenia at Jim Hoess Field on Wednesday night. Quentin Brown and Bryant Witt each belted game-winning hits late in each game . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• County to provide loan
• Mercer Health hesitates on instituting total ban on tobacco use
• Official: Area able to attract new businesses
• Minster resident walks for life
• Celina man injured in Lima train crash
• Agreeing to bet turns out badly for Fort Recovery man
• Coldwater school board reappoints Larry Dues to Tri Star council
• Coldwater, Defiance suspended due to rain and lightning
• Float into Fun!
• Retired police officers to make first trip in new vehicle
Norman Alexander, 74, of Celina, died late the evening of July 27, 2006. Funeral arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Delphina Elizabeth Quinter, 87, of St. Henry, died at 6:15 a.m. July 26, 2006, at Briarwood Manor Nursing Home, Coldwater. She was born Oct. 30, 1918, in Carthagena, to John and Bernadine Wuebker Stelzer. On April 15, 1941, she . . .
Celina native Linda R. Schelich, 61, of Beaverton, Mich., died July 21, 2006, at Brittany Manor, Midland, Mich. Death followed a long illness. She was born Sept. 13, 1944, in Celina, to Robert and Florence Weisman Adams. On Aug . . .
Alvin C. "Jake" Severt, 81, of Burkettsville-St. Henry Road, Coldwater, died July 25, 2006, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. He was born May 9, 1925, in Carthagena, to Fred and Josephine Uhlenhake Severt. On Nov. 27, 1952, he . . .
Mostly sunny, mild
Mostly sunny, mild