Tuesday, August 29th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Damage was reported Monday night in rural St. Henry and in the village of New Knoxville after a slow-moving storm brought high winds and dumped several inches of rain throughout the Grand Lake area. Sirens sounded in six Mercer . . .
Water rates will rise 21 percent in Celina over the next six months after Celina City Council members finalized their plans for an increase at Monday's meeting. A second phase of increases is expected after a formal cost study . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Projects to get state funding
• Developer gets half of what he requested
• Officials investigate possible overdose
• Shutting the door on public
• Hoping to play the blues in St. Marys
• Supreme Court to review who pays landfill costs
• Service fees may change
• USDA predicting record statewide corn harvest
• Kaup reaches digs milestone for Orange
• Celina tennis still unbeaten overall
Kimberly Honigford, 11, 1190 Wildwood Circle, Delphos, died at 10:55 p.m Aug. 26, 2006, at Children's Medical Center, Dayton, following a sudden illness. She was born on Aug. 7, 1995, in Dayton, to Dennis and Mary Jane Broerman . . .
Eugene W. Howe, 78, 199 Walnut St., New Knoxville, died at 1:55 a.m. Aug. 28, 2006, at Wapakoneta Manor. He was born May 18, 1928, in Auglaize County, to Fred and Ida Katterheinrich Howe. On May 25, 1947, he married Irene Hulsm . . .
Jerome H. Wellman, 82, 6534 North 700 East, Bryant, Ind., died early morning Aug. 28, 2006, at Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind. He was born Dec. 1, 1923, in Jay County, to Jerome and Agnes Kreig Wellman. On Aug. 30, 1952, he . . .