Wednesday, November 1st, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County officials got their first glimpse of what the proposed new county jail would look like - if county voters eventually approve a tax issue to pay for the project. Architects from Shremshock Associates, Dublin, showe . . .
The last several years, David Wilker has been the standard-bearer for the Coldwater boys, finishing no lower than 15th in the first three appearances at the state meet. Now, Wilker will have some running partners at Scioto Down . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Candidates call jail, water, agriculture critical issues
• Rising deer population = more crashes
• Knapke stepping down after 35 years
• Meeting set for possible Fort high school construction project
• St. Marys school construction forum set
• 73-year-old woman's car strikes 4 vehicles, building
• Celina man sentenced to 18 months in prison after his eighth drunk driving offense
• Galleria 'walker' sentenced to community control sanctions
• Giesige is the pick between two good auditor candidates
• Knobbies expands, moves to larger facility
Marie H. "Micky" Evers, 88, 112 W. Center St., Fort Recovery, died at 1:25 p.m. Oct. 31, 2006, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born Nov. 6, 1917, in St. Henry, to Henry and Mary Dwenger Evers. . . .
Eldon B. Haberkamp, 80, 08244 Airport Road, New Knoxville, died at 5:23 p.m. Oct. 30, 2006, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Jan. 1, 1926, in New Knoxville, to Benjamin and Bertha Wierwille H . . .
Larry Hicks, 65, of Bruns Avenue, Celina, died at 4:15 p.m. Oct. 31, 2006, at Veterans' Administration Medical Center, Dayton. Arrangements are pending with Miller Funeral Home Ohio 703 West Chapel, St. Marys. . . .
Florentine H. Rose, 82, of Celina, died at 3:35 p.m. Oct. 30, 2006, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born Aug. 12, 1924, in St. Rose, to Albert and Anna Hartings Evers. On Sept. 1, 1948, she married Arlington M. Rose, who . . .
Alvina Thieman, 92, 2184 Amsterdam Road, Minster, died Oct. 31, 2006, at Heritage Manor Nursing Home, Minster. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Minster. . . .
Thursday, March 6
Tuesday, March 4