Saturday, December 30th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - The New Bremen Cardinals snapped a two-game losing streak Friday night as they rallied from a fourth-period deficit to defeat the Lehman Catholic Cavaliers 39-37 in nonleague action at Cardinal Gymnasium. With the . . .
Imagine caring for a person every second and every minute of every day; never getting a vacation, time to take a nap or lie in the bathtub. This is the life led by caregivers. The only relief for a caregiver is respite care . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Manure continues to pose pollution threat
• Mercer County's higher rent to pay for kennel work
• Size not a concern in Continental's victory at St. Henry
• Celina settles for second in holiday tourney
• LCC grabs advantage at the free-throw line
• Parkway reaches the finals of tournament
Former Berne, Ind., resident Paul E. Granger, 79, of Mountain Home, Ark., died at 9:45 p.m. Dec. 28, 2006, at Baxter Regional Medical Center in Mountain Home. He was born Oct. 29, 1927, in Fort Recovery, to Earl and Clela Runyo . . .
Paul D. Whitmore, 78, of Convoy, died at 10:29 a.m., Dec. 29, 2006, at Convoy Care Center. He was born Sept. 26, 1928, in Mercer County, to Donald E. and Mabel Lillick Whitmore. On Dec. 1, 1951, he married Helen P. Young, who s . . .