Thursday, January 11th, 2007
By Shelley Grieshop
One accident victim shows improvement
The condition of a St. Marys man has improved following a crash Sunday on U.S. 33 that sent three people to a Lima hospital.
Jason R. Ballenger, 34, of St. Marys, was upgraded from critical to serious condition, according to a spokeswoman at St. Rita's Medical Center.
The second driver, Robert E. Kolk, 54, remained in serious condition, and his wife, Barbara L., also 54, was still listed in critical condition at the hospital.
The accident took place on the four-lane highway between Celina and St. Marys, near the Koenig Road exit at 4:25 p.m.
The report from the Wapakoneta post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said Ballenger was driving southeast on U.S. 33 when he lost control of his pickup truck on the wet pavement. The truck slid left of center and across the median and was struck by an SUV driven northwest by Robert Kolk.
The crash remains under investigation.
Additional online stories for this date
Print and E-Edition only stories for this date
• Officials await proposal to buy building
• St. Marys school district budget jumps
• Council looking into updating zoning regulations
• New police officer hired
• Switch in insurance providers cuts costs
• Decisions for expenses for 2007 being made by council
• Temporary permit expected to be approved
• Local priest remains critical
• St. Henry vs. Parkway
• Marion vs. New Bremen
• St. Marys vs. Wapakoneta
• Minster vs. Coldwater
• St. John's vs. Versailles
• Celina vs. Shawnee
• Couples opting for tropical honeymoons
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4