Saturday, January 20th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW KNOXVILLE - The Coldwater Cavaliers went on the road and played the state-ranked New Knoxville Rangers down the wire before coming up short, 42-41, in a Midwest Athletic Conference defensive struggle Friday night at New Knoxv . . .
MARIA STEIN - The Marion Local Flyers played an almost perfect first quarter of basketball against the Parkway Panthers Friday night at the Hangar, and the extraordinary start propelled them to an easy 62-42 Midwest Athletic Conf . . .
ST. HENRY - Everyone has heard of an old-fashioned barn-raising. Last week in St. Henry, there was a modern-day tower-raising. Volunteer firefighters from across the southern part of Mercer County gathered last week to raise th . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Walking out of the valley of darkness
• Copy fee set for records at board of elections
• Teachers to measure pupil growth
• Offense in high gear for St. Henry
• Missed opportunities haunt Celina
• Roughriders hand Titans defeat
• Minster stays in the title hunt
• Cardinals back on winning side
Jack Roger Severns, 59, of 5920 state Route 707, Mendon died from cancer at 10:10 p.m. at his residence He was born May 6, 1947 in Van Wert to Robert and Beatrice Rasawuhr Severns. On Dec. 23, 1967, he married Carol Sue Orr, wh . . .