Thursday, May 10th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
LIMA - It has been pitching and defense that put St. Marys as the top seed in the Division II softball sectional at Bath, but it was offense that paved the way in the postseason opener for the Roughriders. St. Marys had its bes . . .
MINSTER - The old cliché about a freshman not playing like a freshman came to light against Marion Local on Wednesday. Fort Recovery pitcher Greg Kahlig overcame giving up an early run to lead the Indians to their second straig . . .
ST. MARYS - In a pair of meetings Wednesday night, board of education members took a step in resolving a million dollar question associated with the possibility of new schools: Location, location, location. At the first meeting . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• New Bremen school board to waive tuition fees for employees' children; hires coach
• Local sound company hired for Coldwater graduation ceremony
• Teacher explains benefit of new math program
• Police investigating death of Celina man
• Celina man gets prison for molesting girl
• Celina man is ordered to undergo evaluation
• Redskins ride third inning to a rematch with New Bremen
• Versailles slips past Arcanum
• Only seven events done at WBL track
• School's out!
Donald Andrews, 49, of 500 Bruns Ave., Celina, was found dead at his residence May 9, 2007. An autopsy is pending to determine the cause of death. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Rosemary Green, 77, of Celina, died May 8, 2007, at her residence following an extended illness. She was born Nov. 19, 1929, in Bluffton, Ind., to Herman and Lavern McGrew Hayse. On April 30, 1948, she married Harold L. Green, . . .
Fae D. Steinecker, 87, formerly of 328 Huffman St., St. Marys, died at 12:13 a.m. May 10, 2007, at Otterbein Retirement Community, St. Marys. She was born Sept. 16, 1919, in St. Marys, to Herschel and Edna Kellermeyer Russell. . . .