Wednesday, June 27th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County Commissioners are mulling how to divide about $100,000 in Community Development Block Grant money among more than $350,000 in eligible projects. Commissioners held a public hearing Tuesday where local government l . . .
COLDWATER - Coldwater survived two Fort Recovery charges, taking the lead for good in the bottom of the fourth inning to take an 8-5 win in Mercer County ACME play at Veterans Field. The win puts Coldwater at 17-5 on the summer . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mercer County awaits word on EPA loans
• DARE officers receive a blanket statement of mother's appreciation
• Village council approves resolution in spite of mayor's strong objection
• Water rates to remain the same
• Council requests property owners give tree locations
• Grand Lake holds on after nearly blowing six-run lead to Lima
• St. Henry Legion splits two with River Bandits
• New Ernst Sporting Goods store to open in St. Marys
Donald Felver, 91, of Celina, died June 26, 2007, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Roger Dean Leffel, 68, 15460 state Route 66 North, St. Marys, died at 1 a.m. June 26, 2007, at his residence. Cause of death was ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). He was born March 22, 1939, in Kossuth, to Roy and Koneta Place Leffel . . .
Ann Irene Rabe, 85, of Fort Recovery, died June 23, 2007, at her residence. She was born March 31, 1922, in Blackcreek Township, to Alonzo and Faye Now Bollenbacher. On Sept. 9, 1944, she married Merle R. Rabe, who died Oct. 3 . . .
Luella M. Secrest, 89, formerly of Mendon, died at 7:10 a.m. June 26, 2007, at her daughter's residence in Montezuma. She was born Jan. 12, 1918, in Freyburg, to Edward and Ida Schneider Scheblo. On Nov. 23, 1940, she married L . . .