Tuesday, June 26th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Celina City Schools board of education named Jason Luebke as new high school principal at Monday night's board meeting. He replaces former Principal Curt Shellabarger, who recently accepted the new position of district director . . .
Sentinel plots of soybeans meant to give local producers early warning of Asian soybean rust are growing in Mercer and Auglaize counties. Mercer County OSU Extension agent Todd Mangen said he will soon begin taking leaf cutting . . .
With pitching arms in short supply, Celina ACME coach Ron Fortkamp called on Dustin Woods to pitch on Monday against Marion Local. Fortkamp admitted that he was hoping Woods, who did not pitch during the spring and had one appe . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• School board employs assistant principal and ends salary freeze
• Employee moves through the ranks to new director of special education
• Memorial Park looking good thanks to numerous donations
• Lunch prices may increase due to rise in expenses
• Lower bid allows for more improvements
• Trailer parking ordinance passes first reading
• Dry weather likely to affect wheat and hay
• Snyder grand slam lifts Parkway
Roger Leffel, 68, 15460 state Route 66 North, St. Marys, died at 1 a.m. June 26, 2007, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Miller-Long & Folk Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Billie Glee Webster Luke, 77, formerly of Kankakee, Ill., died June 22, 2007, at Provena United Samaritan Medical Center, Danville, Ill. She was born Dec. 6, 1929, in Celina, to Olen and Lura Wheeler Chivington. She was first . . .
Robert H.W. Topp, 77, 2859 state Route 274, New Bremen, died at 8:07 a.m. June 25, 2007, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born June 13, 1930, near New Bremen, to Leo and Luella Blumhorst Topp. On . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4