Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Homan's Gun Shop
Wednesday, July 18th, 2007
Photo by Shelley Grieshop
Rebecca Poynter makes a face as family members discuss the scare they felt when the 21/2-year-old was diagnosed with a high level of lead poisoning when she was just 12 months old. Although not conclusive, the family and the child's doctors suspect their previous home likely was the source of lead that poisoned the child and continues to be a threat to her health.
Online story associated with this photograph
WAPAKONETA - Rebecca's bright blue eyes, curly, blonde locks and innocent smile give no indication of the poison that still exists inside her body. Lead - a highly toxic substance that can produce a wide range of adverse health . . .
Additional pictures for this date