Wednesday, August 22nd, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
WAPAKONETA - Minster native and former Ohio House representative Derrick Seaver was preached to by a local judge Tuesday before receiving a court sentence for drunk driving. Flanked by his attorney in the small courtroom of Aug . . .
A raging fire near Fort Recovery on Tuesday night destroyed a poultry barn and killed an estimated 17,000 to 18,000 chickens inside. Firefighters from Southwest Mercer and Coldwater fire departments responded to the farm of Jef . . .
ST. MARYS - The city's water and wastewater committee continue to get their ducks in a row in preparation for construction of the new $12.9 million wastewater treatment plant. Plans soon will be submitted for state approval of . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Regatta to feature new race and fast boats
• No change of plans for street resurfacing
• Officials agree on improvements of courthouse security system
• 'Property acquisition' being kept hush hush by council members
• School responsible for repair of damaged street
• Village, nursing home could reach agreement soon on water lines
• Celina Stock Building Supply store closes
• Otten see boys contending and girls improving
• Cavs have veteran teams back for cross country
• Fort Recovery girls have strong contingent
• Marion Local focused on team improvement
• As always, big expectations for Minster harriers
• Cardinals girls rebuilding, boys build depth
• Cross country returns to Parkway athletics
• Redskins have a solid core to build around
• Roughriders aiming at top half of the WBL
• Tiger harriers have strong leaders to follow
• Celina golfers focus on getting better
• Cavalier boys are strong behind Riethman, Kahle
• Indians looking for improvement as season goes on
• Lack of experience a concern for Flyers
• Minster golf looks like contenders on the links
• New Bremen boys look strong while girls will field just four players
• Parkway golfers look to overcome loss of teammate
• St. Henry golf has optimistic hopes
• St. Marys looks to build on dream season
• Veterans look to lead the way for Tigers
• Question marks surround Celina soccer teams
• Could be a banner season for St. Marys soccer
• Bulldogs among the top teams in the WBL
• Veteran group returning for St. Marys tennis
Edna C. Boeke, 70, 222 S. Cleveland St., Minster, died at 11:45 a.m. Aug. 21, 2007, at her residence. She was born June 27, 1937, in Russia, to Thomas and Josephine Placke Paulus. On May 4, 1957, she married Virgil W. Boeke, wh . . .
Norman E. Greber, 79, of Spencerville, died at 10:15 a.m. Aug. 21, 2007, at his residence in Bonita Springs, Fla. Death was due to Parkinson's disease. He was born Oct. 11, 1927, in Dayton, to Albert E. and Beatrice Blank Grebe . . .
Kermit W. Hoehamer, 76, of Rockford, died Aug. 21, 2007, at Van Wert County Hospital. He was born Jan. 12, 1931, in Liberty Township, to William and Alice Deitsch Hoehamer. On Oct. 22, 1950, he married Rozella Fegley, who survi . . .
Coldwater native Luella A. Ontrop, 83, of Portland, Ind., died Aug. 19, 2007, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. She was born May 7, 1924, in Coldwater, to Herman and Mary Wolters Braun. On July 26, 1944, she married Erne . . .
Violet M. Smith, 97, of Fort Wayne, Ind., died Aug. 20, 2007, at the Lutheran Home, Fort Wayne. She was born Oct. 8, 1909, in Paulding, to Benjamin and Ida Burnham Wearda. On April 11, 1931, she married Raymond Smith, who is de . . .
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4