Wednesday, October 24th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local bar owners and managers say they've lost customers, money and their tempers but aren't ready to give up the fight against the statewide smoking ban. A group of area businessmen gathered this week to air their woes and gri . . .
Health departments in the Grand Lake area are educating local schools and reassuring parents about an antibiotic-resistant bacteria diagnosed in several area students in recent weeks. Mercer County-Celina City Health Department . . .
ROCKFORD - It doesn't matter that St. Henry was just 6-15 in the regular season. This time of year, it's about the record in the tournament. Going into Tuesday's Division III volleyball district semifinal, it was 2-0, knockin . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Activist group challenges Celina ethanol facility
• Council members don't support pay raises for themselves
• Five people compete for three at-large seats on Celina council
• Fort Recovery man indicted on 16 counts
• Absentee voting brisk in Auglaize County, official says
• Some would pay for recyclables collection
• Portion of newly resurfaced street damaged by water main break
• Physical therapy business opens in Celina
• Celina marching through WBL
• Flyers top Cardinals for trip to Coldwater
Former Portland, Ind. resident Rev. Emmitt Collett, 80, 512 Lincoln St., Lot 22, Dunkirk, died Oct. 22, 2007 at Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind. from injuries sustained in an automobile accident on Oct. 17, 2007 in Wells Count . . .
Celina native Margaret Smalley, 84, Fairborn, died Oct. 21, 2007. She was born May 13, 1923, to Jerome and Adelaide Grothjan. In 1947, she married Marcus Smalley, who is deceased. Surviving are three sons: Jerome, Joseph and . . .