Friday, October 5th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Only about one-third of the home sewage system permits issued in 2006 have resulted in constructed and/or approved systems in Mercer County, and the one-year expiration on those remaining permits is drawing near, according to loc . . .
NEW BREMEN - After a disappointing last seven days, the New Bremen Cardinals got their season back on track in a big way Thursday night with a thrilling five-game win over the Versailles Tigers. New Bremen improves to 14-3 over . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Rezoning heads for final approval despite public concerns
• Marion Local High School band continues high standards
• Landfill hopes to have OK to use cell soon
• Northern Mercer County ripe for livestock expansion
• Depth carries Minster to sweep
• Ottawa scores twice in final 15 minutes for win
• Celina can start to think about O-G after easy victory over Lima Bath
• Celina advances one singles player and a pair of doubles teams
Fredonia Marie "Donne" Leugers, 87, of Lakeview, died at 5 a.m. Oct. 4, 2007, at her home. She was born Sept. 29, 1920, in Celina to Emil H. and Hazel M. King Schnelle. On March 23, 1940, she married Gerhard H. "Lefty" Leugers . . .
Dale L. Shock, 70, of Delphos, died at 8:45 p.m. Oct. 3, 2007, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Nov. 12, 1936, in Rockford, to Clarence and Cecile Wilson Shock. Survivors are a son, Ryan Shock, Delphos; a s . . .
John "Jack" Tobin, 80, 31 S. Canal St., Montezuma, died Oct. 4, 2007, at his residence. He was born March 20, 1927, in Montezuma, to Cloid and Sarah Yaney Tobin. On Dec. 5, 1946, he married Alice Cencebaugh, who died Sept. 11, . . .