Tuesday, April 1st, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. HENRY - The sun was bright and warm that Saturday morning nearly a year ago as rescuers sped toward the Moorman farm along Lange Road. Minutes earlier, an emotionally distraught Tom Moorman had called 911 to report his wife . . .
In her preseason remarks about the upcoming season, veteran Celina tennis coach Jan Morrison was concerned about the youth of her squad since the Bulldogs were returning just one just starter and have no seniors. Monday aftern . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Man charged with trying to set up sex with teen using Internet
• Area woman's love of history evolves into book
• Grand Lake Task Force arrests three
• Quick start propels Indians to tight win
• Celina softball strong in debut
• Thornsberry tosses no-hitter for Riders
E. Louise Hay, 88, 205 N. Jefferson St., New Bremen, died at 3:20 p.m. March 30, 2008, at the Otterbein St. Marys Retirement Community. She was born March 11, 1920, in New Bremen to Raymond and Alfrieda Vornholt Moeller. On Oct . . .
Marcile Trisel, 96, of Woodcrest Nursing Center, Decatur, Ind., died at 6:30 p.m. March 29, 2008. She was born June 21, 1911, in Van Wert County to Claude and Mary V. Johnson Harner. On Sept. 30, 1927, she married Leo Trisel, w . . .