Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Minster native Randy Stueve never considered swimming, bicycling or running his forte. Football - Minster Wildcat football to be precise - was the only sport that mattered when he was in high school. "I would have believed wal . . .
Cold wet weather is delaying planting in Mercer County and statewide, but it doesn't appear to be a problem yet, local agriculture officials say. As of last Thursday about 95 percent of the corn had been planted in the county, . . .
ELIDA - Coldwater had momentum on its side when it finally tied the game against Columbus Grove at 6-all in the bottom of the sixth. With the bases loaded and just one out, the Cavaliers were just one long fly ball away from ta . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Baker accepts Columbus job
• Marion officials look at ways to save money
• New storm tile could put an end to high cost of repairs
• Top graduates to be saluted on Sunday
• City land swap still on hold
• Ordinances pass first reading
• Homan shuts down Wapakoneta offense
• Youngest Brenneman wins WBL title
Alice Benanzer, 82, of St. Henry, died May 12, 2008, in Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at the Hogenkamp Funeral Home in Coldwater. . . .
Donald W. Schrolucke, 85, of 107 Kuck Street, New Knoxville, and formerly of Zanesville and Cape Coral, Fla., was found dead at his residence on May 12, 2008. He was born Oct. 15, 1922, in New Knoxville to William and Mary Hens . . .