Thursday, May 15th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - A 5K run to most people is an intimidating task that spans a long piece of pavement. If you're not properly prepared, the 3.1 miles can be a barely-able-to-breathe exercise that leaves an aspiring runner disappointe . . .
A young Spencerville man will spend the next 10 years in prison for shooting a Lima man in the head during a party at a farmhouse near Kossuth in November. Matthew D. Pennington, 22, was sentenced Wednesday in Auglaize County C . . .
When Scott Brunswick was a highly-recruited wide receiver at St. Henry nearly 20 years ago, all the suitors had to woo the recruiters were video tapes or if they happened to catch a game in person. As has nearly everything el . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• St. Marys board OKs teacher pact
• Finances tight for upcoming years
• Council picks lowest bidder
• Graduates to be honored during Sunday afternoon graduation ceremonies
• Health issues play part in woman's apparent suicide
• Shooting sports workshop for youth slated Saturday
• Bulldog boys have big first day
• Hartings has shot at national title
• Schmitmeyer chooses Findlay to play golf
• Versailles bounced from the postseason
Donald L. Miller, 73, 5582 U.S. 33, Mendon, died at 8:10 p.m. May 13, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Dec. 28, 1934, in Celina, to Frank and Rhoda Sheets Miller. On Aug. 11, 1956, he married Eva Mae Thomas . . .
Marie Kuhn, 74, 533 Cron St., Celina, died May 14, 2008, at her residence. Services are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
John R. Nuding, 91, of Celina, died May 15, 2008, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Services are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Ruth Ann Wagner, 66, of West Spring St., St. Marys, died May 4, 2008, at her daughter's residence in St. Marys. A full obituary was published May 6, 2008. Graveside services are 1 p.m. Friday at Elm Grove Cemetery, St. Marys. . . .
Friday, May 29
Thursday, May 28
Wednesday, May 27