Thursday, June 12th, 2008
Former St. Henry resident, Dr. John William "Doc" Ross, 94, died May 31, 2008, at Wesley Manor, Frankfort, Ind., where he had lived since November, 1998.
He was born Aug. 30, 1913, near Harrison City, Pa., to Andrew and Josephine Lutowski Roscosky. On June 25, 1938, he married Mildred Evelyn Harris of Bedford.
Survivors are two sons, John A. (Wendie), Erie, Pa., and James E. (Joyce), St. Marys; a daughter, the Rev. Barbara J. (Harold) Kinsler, Frankfort, Ind.; 10 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
Deceased are eight brothers.
He worked as an apprentice carpenter for Baldwin Construction after graduation from Jeanette High School in Pennsylvania. He then earned a degree in veterinary medicine in 1936 from The Ohio State University and established a veterinary practice serving Crawford and Venango Counties in Pennsylvania until 1972. He went to work for the U.S. Department of Agriculture as a meat inspector in Texas, Iowa and Ohio. He was a member of the school board and Lions Club, both in Meadville, Pa., a volunteer fireman and a member of the International Order of Odd Fellows, both in Townline, Pa., a member of the First Presbyterian Church, Meadville, Pa., the First Baptist Church, Townville, St. Paul's United Methodist Church, Celina, Hope United Methodist Church, Frankfort, Ind., and the Wesley Manor Chapel, Frankfort.
Private family services for burial of the cremains will be held early Saturday morning at Buntin Cemetery near Frankfort. Memorial services will be held 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Wesley Manor Chapel, in Frankfort, the Revs. Ron Mann and Barbara Kinsler officiating.
Calling is one hour prior to service at the chapel.
Contributions can be made to the Wesley Manor Good Samaritan Fund, the Clinton County Human Society, or the charity of your choice.
Condolences may be left at www.gendafuneralhome.com.
Genda Funeral Home, Frankfort, Ind. is in charge of arrangements.
Additional obituaries for this date