Thursday, June 26th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A longtime camper at Kozy Kampground near Montezuma remains in critical condition today at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton after reportedly being struck by lightning when storms packing gusty winds, rumbling thunder and pelting r . . .
A hog contractor in La Grange, Ind., that provides hogs to a number of contract hog growers in Mercer and Auglaize counties is closing its doors due to high corn prices and the stagnant hog market. John Van Laere, an attorney f . . .
When deciding the contenders for The Daily Standard's Grand Lake Baseball Player of the Year, there were plenty of candidates, with the top two being Coldwater teammates Ryan Geier and Cory Klenke. In the end, Klenke, who not o . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Shining light on local stormy weather this season
• Michigan men charged with trafficking Ecstasy
• Minster Historical Society needs financial help with remodeling
• Local diabetes program receives thumbs up
• Mercer Educational Service Center employees get raises
• Granny scheme nets prison for area man
• Premed student reflects on Central America trips
• Council accepts funds to help with proposed lock keepers house
• Weather washes out ML-Celina twinbill
Brother Donald Fisher, C.PP.S., 72, died at 5 a.m. June 25, 2008, in the infirmary at St. Charles Center in Carthagena, after a lengthy illness. He was born on Nov. 9, 1935, in Wapakoneta, to Bernard and Marian (Stueve) Fisher. . . .
Betty M. Place, 86, of 56 Southmoor Shores Drive, St. Marys died at 9:57 p.m. June 25, 2008, at the St. Marys Living Center. Arrangements are pending at the Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Catherine M. "Katie" Ragle, 91, 209 N. Enterprise St., Celina, died June 22, 2008, at the residence of her niece, Lana Dailey. She was born Jan. 14, 1917, in Cincinnati, to Robert and Johanna Hopster Dailey. On Jan. 13, 1951, she . . .