Friday, August 1st, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - Music plays in the background as Christan Garman logs another mile on the treadmill at the Auglaize-Mercer South Family YMCA before heading to the swimming pool for more therapy. At 26, the substitute teacher for s . . .
The Mercer County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate a bizarre accident in which an SUV was found demolished after plowing through a field and into a hog barn. Deputies were called to the barn along Hellwarth Road, south . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Auglaize County fair welcomes veterans
• State highway patrol to crack down on impaired drivers
• Celina is burying more electric lines
• Ambulance on emergency trip collides with truck
• Slavik pitches Mariners to second win in a row
• Collins has enjoyed first year away from MLB
Elmer G. Bohman, 92, of Versailles ,died at 7:08 p.m. July 30, 2008, in the emergency room of Upper Valley Medical Center in Troy. He was born May 28, 1916, in Osgood, to Fred and Mary Synck Bohman. On May 9, 1939, he married V . . .
Larry R. Fairbanks, 58, of 2006 Emerald Court, St. Marys, died July 31, 2008, at his residence. An autopsy has been ordered to determine cause of death. He was born Aug. 29, 1949, in Chattanooga, Tenn. to Edward and Bernice Woo . . .