Tuesday, August 12th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey Ingraham has denied a prosecution motion to move the scheduled trial of Nicholas Schwieterman to another jurisdiction in a tersely worded decision filed Monday afternoon. The 22-ye . . .
MARIA STEIN - Marion Local Schools board of education will seek a 2.2-mill operating levy at the polls in November following unanimous action taken Monday night. The action by the board clears the way for Treasurer Paul Gagel t . . .
MINSTER - Seven candidates for an unexpired Minster Village Council term answered questions posed by Village Administrator Don Harrod during a special meeting Monday night. Seeking the seat vacated last month by Derrick Seaver . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• From the Olympics to Mercer County Fair
• Petitioners seek to block zoning which aids ethanol plant
• City seeks grant for street improvements
• Change made in health insurance for employees
• Council strives to keep business downtown
• Farm Science Review set Sept. 17-18 in London
• Master Begonia takes overall title
• Local teams enjoy early success as fall sports season opens
Norman R. "Rick" Slavik II, 61, of 6364 state Route 219, Celina, died at 1 p.m. Aug. 10, 2008, at Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus. Death was due to a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 26, 1947, in Celina, to No . . .