Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Tuesday, August 12th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey Ingraham has denied a prosecution motion to move the scheduled trial of Nicholas Schwieterman to another jurisdiction in a tersely worded decision filed Monday afternoon. The 22-ye . . .
MARIA STEIN - Marion Local Schools board of education will seek a 2.2-mill operating levy at the polls in November following unanimous action taken Monday night. The action by the board clears the way for Treasurer Paul Gagel t . . .
MINSTER - Seven candidates for an unexpired Minster Village Council term answered questions posed by Village Administrator Don Harrod during a special meeting Monday night. Seeking the seat vacated last month by Derrick Seaver . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• From the Olympics to Mercer County Fair
• Petitioners seek to block zoning which aids ethanol plant
• City seeks grant for street improvements
• Change made in health insurance for employees
• Council strives to keep business downtown
• Farm Science Review set Sept. 17-18 in London
• Master Begonia takes overall title
• Local teams enjoy early success as fall sports season opens
Norman R. "Rick" Slavik II, 61, of 6364 state Route 219, Celina, died at 1 p.m. Aug. 10, 2008, at Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus. Death was due to a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 26, 1947, in Celina, to No . . .