Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local health officials are concerned about a recent increase in cases of whooping cough - a disease that can be deadly, especially to infants and young children. "We've had eight cases" since March, said Joyce Jansen, infectiou . . .
The Auglaize County Sheriff's Office was one of two law enforcement agencies in Ohio to win a new vehicle this year for encouraging motorists to buckle up. The Ohio Department of Public Safety's (ODPS) Ohio Traffic Safety Offic . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Long-time supporters of fair get red-carpet tours
• New pool in the works
• Local golf team putts their way to first place
• Agricultural/FFA classes not just for the boys
• School officials looking into adding AG classes
• Two local insurance companies merge
• St. Henry tops in Mercer County
Jean Adams, 82, of Mendon, died Aug. 13, 2008, at the Laurels of Shane Hill Nursing Home, Rockford. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Mendon. . . .
Margaret "Peg" E. Rosengarten, 95, of Celina, died at 11:50 a.m. Aug. 12, 2008, at the Gardens at Celina. She was born Dec. 21, 1912, in Celina, to Frank X. and Gertrude Funk Fischer. Surviving are a son, Ronald, Celina; . . .