Saturday, September 13th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - Apparently, turnabout is fair play for the Coldwater Cavaliers. After having their home field and conference winning streaks snapped last year at the hands of the Marion Local Flyers, the Cavaliers did a little snap . . .
Mercer County Assistant Prosecutor Matt Fox defended his objection to a plea proposal for a Chickasaw man charged in the deaths of four men last March in an 11-page document filed with the court five minutes before closing Friday . . .
Three Celina residents were scheduled to appear in Celina Municipal Court Friday on misdemeanor charges stemming from an attempted breaking and entering early Thursday morning at a Coldwater business. Patrolman Kyle Dues noted . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Taxes on farmland to go up next year
• Recovery of lost pets aided by implanted microchip
• School administrators taking a close look at sports department
• Van Wert's run tops Celina's passing
• Anna trounces Parkway without Fisher
• Minster halts MAC winless steak at 11
• St. Henry rolls at home over Versailles
• St. Marys goes to the air over Defiance
Cara Siefring, 4, Burkettsville, died at 12:35 p.m. Sept. 11, 2008 at Nationwide Children's Medical Center, Columbus. She was born Oct. 27, 2003 in Coldwater to Scott and Cheryl Wenning Siefring, who survive. Other survivors . . .