Thursday, September 18th, 2008
By Shelley Grieshop
Area residents in court on drug task force cases
Sentencings continue in Auglaize County Common Pleas Court for eight area people who were arrested and indicted earlier this year on drug-related charges stemming from Grand Lake Task Force investigations.
• Richard Newland Jr., 30, 537 Touvelle St., Celina, was recently denied release from prison after being sentenced in July to a 21/2-year term. At sentencing, Newland also was ordered to pay a $2,000 fine and $510 in reimbursement to the Grand Lake Task Force (GLTF), and was issued a 5-year operator's license suspension. In May, he pleaded guilty to two counts of drug trafficking, fourth- and fifth-degree felonies.
• Connie Newland, 50, 10988 Walls Road, Rockford, was sentenced this week to five years community control sanctions (CCS or probation) including 180 days in jail after pleading guilty in July to drug trafficking, a fifth-degree felony. Newland also was ordered to pay a $500 fine and $70 in restitution to the GLTF, and was issued a 1-year operator's license suspension. She also was ordered to obey various conditions of the court and the probation department.
• Brenda Widmark, 42, of Wapakoneta, was sentenced to five years CCS, a $500 fine and a 5-year operator's license suspension after pleading guilty in May to cocaine possession, a fifth-degree felony. She was ordered to obey various conditions of the court and probation department.
• Heather Fullenkamp, 36, of Waynesfield, was granted release from jail on August 19 after being sentenced July 31 to five years CCS including a 90-days jail term. At sentencing, Fullenkamp also was issued a $500 fine and a 5-year operator's license suspension after pleading guilty in June to cocaine possession, a fifth-degree felony. She was ordered to obey various conditions of the court and probation department.
• James Skorupski Jr., 22, of Lima, was sentenced to four years and 11 months in prison after pleading guilty in May to three counts of drug trafficking, third- through fifth-degree felonies. He also was ordered to pay $820 in restitution and $5,000 to the GLTF, and issued a 5-year operator's license suspension.
• A sentence hearing is set today for Mishelle Parkins, 21, of McGuffey, after she pleaded guilty in July to two counts of trafficking in cocaine, fourth- and fifth-degree felonies.
Already sentenced for drug-related charges were Patricia Widmark, 49, and Jason A. Rains, 33, both of Lima.
Additional online stories for this date
Print and E-Edition only stories for this date
• Vote nears on Pullman Bay Park land switch
• Minster making plans to add new kiddie pool
• Michigan man receives jail term, second man waits court hearing on drug charges
• Celina facing WBL favorites on Friday
• Questions answered by OHSAA
• Impact Game of the Week:
• Bits and Pieces...
• St. Henry girls golf earns at least a share of MAC title
• Take steps to lower home heating bills