Friday, January 23rd, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Area residents may be confused to learn that in today's bleak economy their home and property values have increased - a factor that may be reflected on real estate tax bills coming out this month. After reviewing home sales and . . .
NEW BREMEN - Coaching a group of veteran ball players, New Bremen girls basketball coach Dave McFeely has found out this season that when he calls a timeout, it's not necessary to scream and yell when a gentle reminder seems to w . . .
Celina's inside-outside scoring punch of Candra Francis and Cenzie Yoder were too much for Shawnee as the Bulldogs posted an impressive Western Buckeye League victory over the Indians at the Fieldhouse on Thursday night. Franci . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mescher appointed to board
• Village leaders taking wait-and-see approach amidst tough times
• Council moves to approve $2.24 million budget for 2009
• Puthoff is named 2008 Cattleman of the Year
• Indians suffer first loss against the Wildcats
• Panthers and Cavs get beat on home floor
• Flyers struggling in the meat of schedule
• 'Girlfriends' group kicks off in Van Wert
Mabel I. Wooddell, 93, 401 Canterbury Lane, Portland, Ind., died at 11:10 a.m. Jan. 22, 2009, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born Feb. 24, 1915, in Portland, to Clarence and Effie Fields Glassford. In 1 . . .