Tuesday, March 24th, 2009
By Margie Wuebker
Law enforcement arrest six in drug bust
Six teams roundup Celina residents
Six local residents were arrested this morning within a 21-minute period as part of a continuing crackdown on drug offenders by the Mercer County Sheriff's Office and the Grand Lake Task Force. The offenses all occurred in 2008.
The roundup comes in the wake of a Feb. 24 bust that targeted 11 individuals on various drug-related charges.
The following people - all Celina residents - were taken into custody as six teams of armed officers went knocking on doors shortly after 7 a.m.:
• Amber N. Mott, 28, 229 W. Fayette St., two counts of trafficking in marijuana within the vicinity of a juvenile, both fourth-degree felonies.
• Diana Oehler, 56, 1502 E. Livingston St., Apt. 1, one count of trafficking in cocaine, a fourth-degree felony due to the amount being over a gram.
• James T. Oehler, 63, also of the 1502 E. Livingston St. address, three counts of trafficking in cocaine, also fourth-degree felonies due to the amount.
• Kevin R. Owens, 45, 4010 U.S. 127, Apt. E, three counts of trafficking in cocaine with two counts being fourth-degree felonies due to the amount and the location within 1,000 feet of a school and the other count a lesser fifth-degree felony.
• Douglas E. Spry, 49, 417 E. Market St., one count of trafficking in cocaine within 1,000 feet of a school, a fourth-degree felony. Spry, who was arrested at Owens' home, was transported by ambulance to Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater after experiencing diabetes-related problems.
• Olaf Thompson III, 51, 628 Murlin Ave., four counts of trafficking in cocaine with one count being a fourth-degree felony due to the amount and the other three lesser fifth-degree felonies.
This second phase of the recent drug roundup was needed due to space limitations at the Mercer County Jail. Some current inmates were transported to another facility in preparation for the new arrests, according to Mercer County Sheriff Jeff Grey.
The task force is comprised of sheriff's office personnel in Mercer and Auglaize counties with Celina Police providing assistance this morning.
Additional online stories for this date
Print and E-Edition only stories for this date
• Elections board to lease voting machines
• Grand Lake Road speed limit going up to 35 mph
• De-clutter your life
• Curb appeal work awarded to village construction company
• Request denied to allow Darke County voters to vote in St. Henry precincts
• Meter readers may get photo IDs
• Coldwater to erect new welcome signs at town limits
• Kenton's big man shares D-II POY; Gagle HM
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4