Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local unemployment figures have nearly doubled from a year ago - meaning approximately 5,200 Mercer and Auglaize County residents are out of work. From January to February, the unemployment rate in Mercer County rose 1.1 percen . . .
Six local residents were arrested this morning within a 21-minute period as part of a continuing crackdown on drug offenders by the Mercer County Sheriff's Office and the Grand Lake Task Force. The offenses all occurred in 2008. . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Elections board to lease voting machines
• Grand Lake Road speed limit going up to 35 mph
• De-clutter your life
• Curb appeal work awarded to village construction company
• Request denied to allow Darke County voters to vote in St. Henry precincts
• Meter readers may get photo IDs
• Coldwater to erect new welcome signs at town limits
• Kenton's big man shares D-II POY; Gagle HM
Thomas "Tom" Charles Andrew, 63, of Celina, died at 10:53 a.m. March 22, 2009, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Oct. 21, 1945, in Celina, to Rex C. and Dorothea M. Hay Andrew. On . . .
Marie W. Smith, 82, 814 Hackney Street, St. Marys, and formerly of Shawnee, Okla., died at 3:20 a.m. March 23, 2009, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born Aug. 20, 1926, in Duncan, Okla., to Hube . . .
Gary Dean Wendel, 62, 306 E. Forest St., Celina, died at 7:15 a.m. March 23, 2009, at his residence. A cause of death has not been determined. He was born Aug. 4, 1946, in Mercer County, to Lisle and Norma Gehm Wendel, who are . . .