Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Celina's new grant coordinator has been working for the city since Jan. 28, even though city council didn't approve his hiring until Monday night. Third and final reading was passed by city councilors to hire Jerry Lacy, 704 Pa . . .
ST. MARYS - Council meeting Monday night began with spirited dancing as a group of kids associated with Grand Lake Theatrix Association performed a dance from "Seussical," which will open in early June at St. Marys Theater. The . . .
LIMA - After collecting 35 hits in the past two games, both wins, the bats went silent for the Celina softball team. Bath's Shelby Snyder tossed a shutout against Celina for the second time in less than a week as the Wildkitten . . .
Though the start of the high school football season is three and a half months away, some recent reshuffling by the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) has changed the playoff landscape for a handful of area teams. Ev . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Teachers take salary freeze
• Permits approved for two wind turbine test towers
• Agency gets $1.3 million in stimulus funds
• Marion dollars pave way for energy savings
• Woman found dead in home
• Council passes two emergency measures
• Local business burglarized
• Young girl injured in fall from lighthouse
• Backhoe accident causes man's death
• Farmers can learn ag bill program
• Parkway earns at least a share of eighth MAC softball championship
• Wabash College is the right choice for Granger
• Flyers score three in eighth to break scoreless contest
• Bruns keeps St. Henry in MAC title hunt
Gloria Jane Dysert, 59, of Farnam, Neb., died at 10 p.m. on May 10, 2009, at the Tri-County Hospital, Lexington, Neb. Death was due to natural causes. She had resided at the home of her daughter. She was born Sept. 27, 1949, in . . .
Romaine Marie Hoyng, 75, 1640 Settlers Lane, Celina, died at 9:03 p.m. on May 10, 2009, at Lima Memorial Hospital. She was born June 2, 1933, in Celina to Ferd and Edna Eicholt Wannemacher. On April 25, 1953, she married Gerald . . .
Betty L. Rutledge, 84, of Rockford, died at 7:05 p.m. on May 10, 2009, at her residence. She was born August 24, 1924, in Celina, to Frederick and Sarah Leota Blossom Van Tilburg. She married Keith "Jake" Rutledge, Sr.,who die . . .
Mark B. Sheffer, 49, of 6676 E. St. Road 26, Portland, Ind., died May 11, 2009, at Jay County Hospital, Portland, of injuries sustained in a backhoe accident at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funer . . .