Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Celina's new grant coordinator has been working for the city since Jan. 28, even though city council didn't approve his hiring until Monday night. Third and final reading was passed by city councilors to hire Jerry Lacy, 704 Pa . . .
ST. MARYS - Council meeting Monday night began with spirited dancing as a group of kids associated with Grand Lake Theatrix Association performed a dance from "Seussical," which will open in early June at St. Marys Theater. The . . .
LIMA - After collecting 35 hits in the past two games, both wins, the bats went silent for the Celina softball team. Bath's Shelby Snyder tossed a shutout against Celina for the second time in less than a week as the Wildkitten . . .
Though the start of the high school football season is three and a half months away, some recent reshuffling by the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) has changed the playoff landscape for a handful of area teams. Ev . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Teachers take salary freeze
• Permits approved for two wind turbine test towers
• Agency gets $1.3 million in stimulus funds
• Marion dollars pave way for energy savings
• Woman found dead in home
• Council passes two emergency measures
• Local business burglarized
• Young girl injured in fall from lighthouse
• Backhoe accident causes man's death
• Farmers can learn ag bill program
• Parkway earns at least a share of eighth MAC softball championship
• Wabash College is the right choice for Granger
• Flyers score three in eighth to break scoreless contest
• Bruns keeps St. Henry in MAC title hunt