Friday, July 24th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Last December Mike Wessel got the chance to compete at the highest level of mixed martial arts. The Celina native will now get a chance to show his wares to a national television audience. The heavyweight nicknamed "The Jugge . . .
Celina downtown merchants likely will not be expected to pay for a future municipal parking lot. City council members are of the general consensus that merchants should be encouraged to pledge money but will not be obligated to . . .
Rockford resident Terry M. Shaffer, 48, a former Parkway school board member, was sentenced to 60 days in jail on two counts of persistent disorderly conduct. He pleaded no contest and was sentenced Thursday in Celina Municipal C . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Morality-based group takes shape in Celina
• County, townships agree to share $755,000 debt
• Watershed coordinator salary funds in jeopardy
• Careful spending kept Parkway in the black
• Farmer to get funds for milk parlor system
• Celina planners to allow bike business in residential zone
• Local people chosen officers
• Man accused of sexual conduct with sleeper
• Finding God down a winding, musical road
Rev. Bart L. Pax, 67, died July 23, 2009, at St. Margaret Hall, Cincinnati. He was born Aug. 25, 1941, in Celina to Oscar and Cordula Post Pax. Surviving are six brothers, Rev. Ulric, Albuquerque, N.M., Francis (Joan), Coldwa . . .
Donald E. "Whitey" Ruppert, 71, of 1410 Oakview Drive, St. Marys, died at 5:30 a.m. July 23, 2009, at his residence. He was born March 1, 1938, in Wapakoneta to Eamer and Norma Eisert Ruppert. On July 18, 1959, she married Eloi . . .