Thursday, July 30th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
It's been a regular habit in the month of August for Todd Boeckman for nearly half his life. Boeckman, be it at St. Henry or at Ohio State, would be heading out to the field to get ready for the upcoming football season around . . .
Less than a month after nearly 100 guests fell ill after a wedding reception, another local get-together has resulted in dozens of sick people. The Mercer County-Celina City Health Department is investigating what caused more t . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Public gathers for debate on pay to play
• Record $3.7 million will go for road, bridge construction in Mercer County
• No dog days loom for this summer
• Celina Eastview Park restroom construction could start in fall
• Suspect's attorney could be replaced
• Stormwater fee revenue lower than projected
• Grand Lake group to perform
• Summer links series wraps up play
Michael K. Bane, 48, formerly of Celina, died July 27, 2009, in Las Vegas. Death was due to natural causes. He was born April 16, 1961, in Dayton to Mary Jo Hampton Bane, who survives in Celina. Other survivors are a sister, . . .
Robert V. Martin, 87, of 904 S. Wayne Street, St.Marys, died July 28, 2009, at the Golden Living Center-Valley Nursing Home, St.Marys. He was born Oct. 24, 1921, in Wapakoneta to Edwin & LaVere Hudson Martin. On July 15, 1944 . . .
Marvin Oen, 97, of St.Marys, died at 12:24 a.m. today, July 30, 2009, at the Golden Living CenterValley Nursing Home, St.Marys. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .