Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Late planting due to a wet spring, unseasonably cool weather and a lack of rainfall are combining to put a triple whammy on local crops. Rain has been in short supply lately and the crops are showing it, local ag officials say. . . .
The golf season got underway this week, with Celina's girls opening up their season by hosting the Celina Invitational on Tuesday at The Fox's Den. Perennial Southwest District power and returning Division II state qualifier Gr . . .
FORT RECOVERY - For the first time ever, the school district will begin charging admittance to junior high athletic events, interim high school Principal Ed Snyder said. "We've always been resistant to this," Snyder said during . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Elderly not a priority for local H1N1 vaccine
• Celina woman's death still under investigation
• Sheriff working to stop ID theft
• St. Marys assistant fire chief position eliminated
• Auglaize County health officials debate the importance of TB testing at schools
• Grant allows students to learn community relations first hand
• New high school principal hired
• Store gets approval for revolving loan
• Shop offers unique choices
• A pampering place in Minster
Connie L. Prenger, 54, of 8 Sycamore St., Minster, died at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 10, 2009. Death was due to natural causes. She was born Dec. 13, 1954, in St. Marys to Roger and Theresa Bensman Bornhorst. On Aug. 6, 1977, she married . . .
Jerome R. "Jerry" Schoenlein, 56, 6324 E. State Road 26, Portland, Ind., died at 12:10 p.m. Aug. 11, 2009, at his farm in Jay County. Cause of death has not been determined. An autopsy is pending. He was born June 5, 1953, in C . . .
Former Celina resident David T. "Tim" Wendel, 49, 333 N. Prospect St., Marion, died Aug. 10, 2009, at Marion General Hospital. The cause of death was lung cancer. He was born April 29, 1960, in Celina to Wayne and Helen Gebele . . .
Saturday, August 1
Saturday, August 1
Sunday, July 26