Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
How do you give a chicken a bath? Well, you can't just throw it in a Maytag washer and hang it on the line, that's for sure. Especially if you intend to have it judged at the fair. The answer is best left to the experts. "Y . . .
The Celina girls tennis team got the 2009 fall sports season started with a dominating performance, losing just one game in five matches to shut out Sidney 5-0 at the High School Tennis Courts. Both doubles teams and the first . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• District takes proactive approach to prevent flu
• Treasurer delivers mixture of good and bad news
• New technology to be used in classrooms
• Idea to plug into high school gets pulled
• Mercer County Library operating levy to be placed on November ballot
• Home searched by police after domestic violence call
• Bulldogs lose by one on the road against Bath
• Second night of racing at Mercer County Fair
Bernice M. Miller, 85, formerly of Willshire, died at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 16, 2009, at Colonial Nursing Home, Rockford. She was born Oct. 2, 1923, in Mount Trail County, N.D., to John B. and Karen Sjomling Berg. On April 1, 1941, s . . .
Rita Schwartz, 88, 4358 Lock Two Road, New Bremen, died at 9:22 a.m. Aug. 15, 2009, at the Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born Jan. 18, 1921 in Ft. Recovery to George and Rose Homan Dues. On Oct. 26, 1946, . . .
Hilda Ann Steinke, 87, formerly of Taft Street, Sidney, died at 8 a.m. Aug. 16, 2009, at Heritage Manor Nursing Center, Minster, where she had resided for five years. She was born June 26, 1922, in St. Sebastian to John and Cec . . .