Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - Bills continue to come in for the lockkeeper's house for items not covered by a $650,000 Ohio Department of Transportation grant, according to a report presented to village councilors Tuesday night. After much disc . . .
Lakefield Airport in Montezuma has been awarded a $108,000 grant from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to help fund ongoing improvements. During a special meeting this morning, Mercer County commissioners approved the . . .
The Celina Bulldogs' girls soccer team used a sterling defensive effort and a pair of first-half scores to defeat the Shawnee Indians 2-1 on Tuesday in Western Buckeye League action at the Celina Soccer Field. With the win, Cel . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Speed limit may even out on state route near subdivision
• ODOT delays extension of Celina bike path
• Mercer County native enters plea
• School district gets nearly $200,000 in recovery funds for disabled students
• Insurance rate increase likely for school employees
• Consideration of removing sign discussed by council
• Chain reaction injures one
• 3 killed in 3-vehicle crash in Ohio
• Brothers operate restaurant
• Schaefer serves Flyers past Redskins
• Wildcats sweep all four races
• Minster serving runs too much for Indians
Catherine E. Ferguson Lung Calloway, 94, of Fort Wayne, Ind., and formerly Mercer County, died at 6:45 p.m. Sept. 21, 2009, at Woodview Health Care Center, Fort Wayne. She was born April 26, 1915, in Mercer County to John and R . . .
Robin Ann Droesch, 45, state Route 66, Newport, died at 8:35 p.m. Sept. 21, 2009, at 9365 state Route 47, Sidney, as the result of an automobile accident. She was born Oct. 20, 1963, in Coldwater to Linus and Virginia Winhoven . . .
Donald J. Hierholzer, 88, of 805 W. Vine St., Coldwater died at 11:20 p.m. Sept. 21, 2009, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Aug. 4, 1921, in Coldwater to Anthony and Leona Myer Hierholzer. On Aug. 31, 1945, he ma . . .