Thursday, October 15th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer Health - one of the local providers of seasonal flu shots - has canceled all upcoming clinics due to a shortage of the vaccine. Shortages also are being felt at health departments in Mercer and Auglaize counties as cases . . .
Let your mind wander back in time for a minute to girls' sports at Minster High School in the mid-1970s. More than likely, your initial and obvious go-to recollection will revolve around the track and field program. Althoug . . .
Fort Recovery school's board of education took the first step this week toward accepting funds from the Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC) for a school construction project. Board members unanimously approved allowing an . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Parents protest discipline
• Funding sought to extend central sewer service
• Financial forecast looking cloudy for future
• Inexperience and staff shake-ups challenge elections board officials
• Celina man reimbursed for rabbit kill by stray dogs
• St. Henry joins other villages in applying for grant funding
• Unbeatens fight for MAC lead
• Celina has legitimate chance for first victory
• Local doubles teams bow out of tourney
• Impact Game of the Week: Fort Recovery at St. Henry
V. Yvonne Germann, 75, 628 Echo St., Celina, died at 5 p.m. Oct. 14, 2009, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born Oct. 25, 1933, in Rockford to Francis E. Fleming and Mildred E. Smith. On Dec. 3, 1949, she married Paul E. G . . .
Clementine M. "Teen" Schmackers, 91, of St. Henry, died Oct. 14, 2009, at The Gardens at St. Henry. Funeral Mass is 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Henry Catholic Church. Burial is at the church cemetery. Calling is 2-8 p.m. Friday a . . .
Dorothy M. Stienecker, 92, formerly of New Knoxville and St. Marys, died Oct. 6, 2009, at the home of her son in Desert Hot Springs, Calif. She was born north of New Knoxville on May 5, 1917, to William and Sarah Clausing Stolt . . .