Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Reflections Hair Studio
Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The Ohio Supreme Court has rejected an appeal filed on behalf of a 23-year-old Chickasaw man serving a 24-year prison sentence in the wake of a March 2008 traffic accident that claimed four lives. Attorneys for Nicholas Schwiet . . .
VERSAILLES - It had all the makings of a great night, two top-ranked volleyball teams, teacher versus pupil, the last volleyball match in a venerable facility and - oh by the way - a conference title was on the line. Tuesday ni . . .
Mercer County officials finalized a revolving loan plan that will help a Celina man re-open a grocery store on Logan Street in Celina. Tom Giesige, who plans to open the store in coming weeks as Friendly Markets of Celina, on T . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Impact of state cuts worrisome
• No charges yet in alleged election records theft
• Jail to get fitness equipment
• Watershed official: Sample soil before fertilizing
• Many projects underway in community
• Trio sentenced for drug charges
• New executive director heads up meeting
• Fire destroys Maria Stein steer barn, animals get out safely
• Campground to make room for more
• Wildcats no match for Bulldogs
• Celina girls soccer goes 8-0 in the WBL
• Panthers sweep past the Cavaliers in three games
Richard J. Boeckman, 92, of 112 S. Garfield St., Minster, died Oct. 13, 2009, at Heritage Manor Nursing Home, Minster. He was born May 24, 1917, near Cassella to Joseph and Catherine Quinter Boeckman Cron. He married Alvira Mo . . .
Robert E. Snyder, 77, of St. Marys and Inverness, Fla., formerly of Celina and Union City, died Oct. 3, 2009, while on vacation in Bammental, Germany. He was born Jan. 23, 1932, in Ansonia to Charles E. and Blanche M. Dillon Sn . . .