Saturday, January 23rd, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local officials say a record number of individuals and families became food stamp recipients in 2009, as the U.S. economic crisis hit home. Approximately 2,000 Grand Lake residents joined the program (now known as the Supplemen . . .
NEW BREMEN - New Bremen grabbed the momentum from St. Henry at the end of the third quarter and poured it on in the fourth quarter to hand the Redskins their third straight conference loss in a 62-53 Cardinals win at Cardinal Gym . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• County plans roadway studies
• Good no matter how you slice it
• Group protests referendum petition
• Bids opened for spraying
• Area egg farm wants to renew permit with Ohio Deparment of Agriculture
• Celina wins thriller in double OT
• Indians earn win, Kahlig seven shy of scoring mark
• Quick-strike offense propels Rangers
• Defiance posts easy win over St. Marys
• St. John's keeps its share of MAC lead
Paul H. Buening, 77, 5130 Philothea Road., St. Henry, died Jan. 22, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. He was born Sept. 11, 1932, in Coldwater, to Bernard J. and Julianna Bruggeman Buening. On Aug. 31, 1957, he ma . . .
New Bremen native Rodney R. "Bob" Fischbach, 86, of Milton, Ind., died Jan. 21, at Golden Living Center, Richmond, Ind. He was born Aug. 29, 1923, in New Bremen, to Elmer M. and Armina LaRue Dodds Fischbach. Surviving with Le . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4