Wednesday, March 17th, 2010
By Margie Wuebker
Celina man found dead from apparent suicide
An 80-year-old Celina man was found dead at his home Tuesday morning, the victim of an apparent suicide by hanging.
Celina Police identified the victim as Charles F. Stone, 160 Margo Lane.
Police responded to the residence after Stone's wife called 911 at 10:04 a.m. She reportedly went to the garage looking for him and found his body hanging by an electrical cord from the garage door track.
Chief Dave Slusser indicated Stone apparently got up during the night without awakening her and went to the garage at some point.
"This happened overnight but we're not sure when," Slusser added. "We are investigating this as an apparent suicide but the official ruling will have to come from the coroner."
The wife complained of chest pain while talking to police. She was taken by ambulance to Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys shortly before 11 a.m.
Additional online stories for this date
Print edition only stories for this date
• Priest recalls Irish roots
• EPA investigating farm
• Education proposal may reduce stress over tests
• Contracts penned for the purchase of road materials
• Bids for final stage of electrical project come in under estimates
• Council discusses plans for wastewater treatment plant
• Kitchen, bath store relocates in Celina
• Canal-era cafe gets update with new owners
• Difficult challenge ahead for Celina
• Minster coaches have a strong camaraderie
• Uhlenhake, Brand named all-state